Wednesday, August 11, 2010

favorite musicals {Top Hat}

My sister and I found Top Hat {1935} at the library and decided to give it a try.
We're both suckers for anything Astaire. :)


Let me just say, if you like musicals, dancing,
anything like that - you should watch this movie.
I loved it.

Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers are amazingly talented
{I wish I had one ounce of their talent for dancing},
the music is lovely and Bates, the valet, really cracked me up. :)

Of course, it helps that one of my all time favorite songs, Cheek to Cheek, is in the movie.
Isn't It a Lovely Day? is a definite new favorite.

Have you seen this movie? Did you like it?

You can read more about Top Hat on Wikipedia here.

3 comments:

The Bonjour Four said...

hm sounds good. I'll have to watch it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mandy England said...

I LOVE old musicals!
♥ Singing in the Rain
♥ 7 Brides for 7 Brothers
♥ White Christmas
. . . if it's cheesy and it's got singing & dancing, I'm in love :]

I'll have to check this one out!

Sandy a la Mode said...

i haven't heard of this movie before! i will have to check it out!