Monday, August 16, 2010

{what's in a name?}


Have you ever wondered, what's in a name?

Before I started this blog, I spent a looong time thinking about it.
I needed a name.
Something fun and kinda cute, but not like a little kid.
Something the could reflect my personality without actually being my name.

The Sweetheart's mom had once christened me "his petunia" {after watching a Veggie Tales introducing Sweet Petunia!}, and it's kind of stuck. The Sweetheart doesn't necessarily call me that on a regular basis, but it is a part of my 'identity'. I don't mind. At least his mom thinks I'm sweet! :)

Anyway, as I wracked my brain for the perfect name for my new blog, it came to me.

The Sweetest Petunia

It seemed to just fit.
And one of my goals now is capturing sweetness in everyday life.
I like it. I hope everyone else does, too!

Tell me,
What is the name of your blog?
Why, and what does it mean to you?
How does it inspire you?

I'd love to hear about it!

*****

Be sure to stop by and enter the CSN giveaway, if you haven't already.
I'll be {randomly} choosing a winner tomorrow morning!

5 comments:

Mandy England said...

That's so sweet Jacky! I've often wondered where your blog name came from . . . so glad you shared! :]

My parents named me Amanda, and that's what I went by until about a year after the hubs and i got married. . . all the sudden he started calling me "Mandy". . . it was right around the time I started my blog, so it just kinda happened! And yellow, of course, is my favorite color because of the happiness it emits :]

Katie Lane said...

I've always loved you blog name, fun to hear the story behind it!

I picked my blog name "Sunshine and Bubblegum" to help me stay on the track I wanted to be with my blog - reporting the small happy things that happened, but I do go off track sometimes.. oops :)

Jessica said...

I just used your blog name the other day as an example of a cute but not too cutesy blog title! I am currently considering renaming my blog, it started off as just a way to post pictures for family, etc. The renaming process is still in the beginning stages, so I am still Narnia Mum, which I picked because I come from a family of true Narnians and I want to "live as like a Narnian as I can" even in the crazy busy, modern world we are all in.

The Bonjour Four said...

loved hearing your story. and I really LOVE the name of your blog. It is very cute and original!

Bec said...

I love my life and I basically wanted to share things from my life that I love...so things I heart. Thus, the iheart blog :)