Friday, December 16, 2011

{merry christmas q&a}




stole this from Libby...so fun!

1. egg nog or hot chocolate? I really dislike eggnog, but hot chocolate stirred with a candy cane is super yummy!

2. does santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We don't do Santa at all, but presents should always be wrapped.

3. colored lights on tree/house or white? I prefer white; it just coordinates better with everything {to me}.

4. do you hang mistletoe? Never have, but it might be kinda fun. ;)

5. when do you put your decorations up? I like to celebrate one holiday at a time, so definitely after Thanksgiving. It at least has to be December.

6. what is your favorite holiday dish? Hmmm...I'm actually not sure. I really like stuffing with lots of gravy on it.

7. favorite holiday memory as a child? Going to pick out a Christmas tree, then listening to Christmas music while we all decorated it.

8. when and how did you learn the truth about santa? It was never an issue because we never did Santa. I used to get in trouble with other parents for telling their kids that Santa wasn't real {when I was like 5/6}.

9. do you open a gift on christmas eve? Nope.

10. how do you decorate your christmas tree? White lights, red & gold-ish balls, some special ornaments & snowflakes. I used a red tablecloth for a tree skirt, too! ;)

11. snow! love it or dread it? I thought I hated it, but then we spent last Christmas up north with my grandparents and I loooved it! I wouldn't want to live in it, though.

12. can you ice skate? It's been like 10 years since I went ice skating...I really want to go again soon!

13. do you remember your favorite gift? Hmmm, not sure. I've had a lot of favorite gifts over the years!

14. what's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Celebrating the birth of the Savior, spending time with family.

15. what is your favorite holiday dessert? If it includes chocolate, I'm happy!

16. what is your favorite holiday tradition? It's always been special that my dad would read us Luke 2 on Christmas morning before we could open gifts.

17. what tops your tree? Growing up, an angel {from my parent's December wedding}, now a star.

18. which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I really love giving...but I also really enjoy receiving. :) 

19. candy canes: yuck or yum? YUM. I've already eaten too many this season...

20. favorite christmas show? I really love Holiday Inn. Bing Crosby AND Fred Astaire in the same movie!

21. saddest christmas song? The Christmas Shoes. Hate it. Won't listen to it ever. {also, Matthew West's One Last Christmas is terribly sad, too...}

22. what is your favorite christmas song? Um...I love so many Christmas songs! Chris Tomlin's version of Joy to the World, Winter Wonderland, White Christmas, O Holy Night, a bunch of the Christmas hymns, etc, etc.

How about you?

5 comments:

kate @ be merry, kate said...

I'm so glad to hear that you lived without Santa and turned out okay! ;) I want to raise our kids without Santa, but I don't think J and his parents could deal. Being Catholic, I have a big thing for the real St. Nick (who technically comes on Dec. 6th). Either way... maybe I can invent a magical baby Jesus who flies around delivering presents? No no no that is a horrible idea.

Loved the q&a! So fun!

xoxo

Mary said...

I love this - so sweet and fun! Thanks for sharing a bit about your own traditions. I may have to swipe the questions, and share my own answers this weekend! :)

Dana Fox said...

i want to attempt to ice skate again too! haven't been since i was young :(
xo dana
thewonderforest.com

Elisabeth said...

I really enjoyed reading this. I think it maybe my next blog post :) Have a great weekend dear!

The Bonjour Four said...

i dont' think i've ever seen holiday inn. ill have to watch it! loved reading your christmas q&a!