Monday, January 30, 2012

couch to 5k {weeks 5-7}

I can hardly believe that I'm starting
week 8 of the couch to 5k today.

It's been hard.
The farther you get in the program,
the longer you have to jog,
the less walking breaks you get {if you get any!},
the more you have to push.
But I've been trying.
I push myself to at least finish each workout,
even if it's super slow.

Friday was an encouragement to me.
I jogged the full 25 minutes,
went 2.70 miles, 12:56 min/mile.
Best distance & time yet!
It's still slow, I know, but so much better!


I'm excited to finish these last 2 weeks of the program,
and hopefully improve on my speed as I go.

If you've just started C25k, I encourage you to stick with it,
even when it gets tough. Now it feels good to actually jog for that long.
When I started, I could barely jog for a minute without being super worn out!
I can be proud of what I've accomplished so far. :)

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

The Bonjour Four said...

so proud of you! i've made it that far once before and it's tough! but it does feel so awesome. i'm starting week two this week. Keep up the good work girl!

Sugar Mama Bakeshop said...

Very impressive! I keep hearing about that program. I may have to check it out!

Rose said...

I jog regularly for about 30 minutes, and I thought I probably ran about 3 miles...then I measured the distance and it was less than 2.5! In 30 minutes! Maybe i should look into this program...

kate @ be merry, kate said...

Congrats dear - isn't it a wonderful feeling?!? I must say, that even when those long jogs came in, I couldn't do them straight. I'd still stop for 30 seconds at least twice. Which, to me, is just as good! I'm thinking of picking it back up for the next few weeks myself!

xoxo